How To Reset Buick Encore TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2013-2020)
How To Reset Buick Encore TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2013-2020) – The Opel Mokka is sold in the USA as Buick Encore. And while Opel presented the facelift version of the Mokka as “Mokka X” at the Geneva car salon at the beginning of March 2016, Buick now shows the freshened Encore at the New York International Auto Show. The Encore has developed off to Buick’s most important vehicle from the start. For the interior of the face lined Encore, Buick promises a higher-quality look through the use of better materials, setting bright accents and the use of contrast seams.
As a maximum trunk volume, Buick provides 1,371 liters for the Encore with folded seat backrests. The rear seat backrests can be folded in a ratio of 60 to 40. For convenience, a Bose sound system with anti-noise technology provides a standard to reduce unwanted cabin noise. For the revised Encore, a new 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine is available. The unit operates with direct injection and is coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission.
How To Reset Buick Encore TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2013-2020):
If you receive a low-tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Buick Encore, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor, etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Buick Encore you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
- Press the DIC MENU button to access the VEHICLE INFORMATION menu (Menu 2)
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appears, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn the ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on the tire placard.
This tutorial is based on the Buick owner’s manual. This procedure should be work on all generations of Buick Encore (2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 model years). Hopefully the article of How To Reset Buick Encore TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2013-2020) useful for you. Good Luck!