2010 Toyota Matrix VSC ABS Traction Control Light Reset
2010 Toyota Matrix VSC ABS Traction Control Light Reset – The Toyota Matrix is a compact model that is available in Toyota’s North American catalogs only. It is manufactured in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. In Japan, cars were sold in the years 2002-2004 under the name of Toyota Voltz. General Motors sells the same car as Pontiac Vibe. Matrix and the Vibe are mechanically and technically identical but look a little different. Each is a small, but long-SUV-shaped style, station wagon.
The second generation of the Matrix began selling in the first quarter of 2008, with the same structure as the Corolla tenth generation. The Matrix was officially presented at the 2007 SEMA Show, and the Vibe at the Los Angeles Auto Show the same year. Its two engines are atmospheric gasoline four-cylinder in line: a 1.8-liter 134 hp, and a 2.4-liter 160 hp.
2010 Toyota Matrix VSC ABS Traction Control Light Reset:
If the ABS light is on, the ECU is trying to tell you it thinks you have a problem. You can’t just clear the code by disconnecting the battery, they can only be reset like this procedure or with a high-end scan tool. To turning off the VSC ABS Traction Control Light on your 2010 Toyota Matrix, follow these steps:
- Connect terminal 4 (CG pin) and 13 (TC pin) of the OBD-II socket with a jumper wire.
- Turn the ignition ON but do not start the engine
- You’ll see lots of flashing lights, but please just note the ABS light. Count the blinks of the ABS light, normally, it should be fast and continue to blink, twice per second. You can find a chart online of exactly what code you’re looking at.
- To clear the codes, turn the key off
- Then turn the ignition ON and press the brake pedal 8 times within 5 seconds.
- If the way you are correct, the ABS light should return to its normal fast blinking.
- Turn off the car and remove the jumper.
- Finally, start the engine and verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Note: This procedure only resets the light, not the underlying problem. If it comes back on, you still have a problem. Hopefully the article of 2010 Toyota Matrix VSC ABS Traction Control Light Reset useful for you. Good Luck! 😀