Reset Guide: Volkswagen Jetta Oil Service Inspection Light (2006-2021)
Last Updated on July 18, 2021 by Christ
Ahoy, matey! Today we’re going to talk about how easy it is to reset the service and inspection light when you’ve just changed the oil in the Volkswagen Jetta. As with most cars changing the oil on your vehicle is imperative. Most VW models have a 10,000 miles interval, and most enthusiasts change their oil around every 5,000.
I don’t actually wait for ten thousand miles, so I like to log each oil change into the computer because I know these systems do log how many times it’s been changed, and this one we just changed it within 4,000 miles of the last change when it was black. So get your oil changed every 5,000 miles with fully synthetic oil, and you’ll have a happy motor for a long time.
- 1 Volkswagen Jetta Oil Service Inspection Light Reset Guide
- 1.1 2006-2009 Jetta A5
- 1.2 2010-2014 Jetta A6
- 1.3 2015-2017 Jetta A6
- 1.4 2019-2021 Jetta A7
Volkswagen Jetta Oil Service Inspection Light Reset Guide
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This procedure applies to the fifth, sixth and seventh generations of the Volkswagen Jetta (2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years).
2006-2009 Jetta A5
In this chapter, I will show you how to reset the service reminder indicator or the Service Now! light that comes up on the MFD screen on the old Jetta A5. So basically, the first thing is a two-handed procedure.
- First, turn the ignition off
- Now you’re going to press and hold the 0.0 button while turn on the car
- Keeping beyond now I let go of the 0.0 and press the left hand side button (MIN button) and it should have done
2010-2014 Jetta A6
So when I turn on the car it says I need oil change in 17 days. I just got my oil changed a little while ago, so basically what you’re going to do is:
With Dash Button
- The first thing you should do in turning off your car
- Now press hold the 0.0/SET button and then we’re going to put the key in the on position
- After the key is in the on position we’re going to release the 0.0/SET button and within 20 seconds you’re going to press the ❏ button on the left and there you have it
With Steering Control
- Put the key in the on position
- Now you’re gonna scroll over to the right by using the directional pad on the steering until you get to the SETTINGS
- Now scroll down in settings mode until it says SERVICE
- Hit OK to enter the menu
- Select RESET and then OK to execute the service reset
2015-2017 Jetta A6
So when you get in your Jetta A6, you’ll first notice when you put the key in the ignition, that oh no, this inspection light is on, and there’s a little wrench flashing. So now I’ll show you how to get rid of that.
With Basic Display (Service Reset)
- Shut the car off
- Push the 0.0/SET button hold then while you’re holding you put the key in the on position
- After you put the key in the on position without starting the car you can release the 0.0/SET button and you have 20 seconds to push the ❏ button
With Premium Display (Service Reset)
- Start with the engine off
- Hold the 0.0/SET button on the right side and then turn on the ignition but do not start the engine
- After this, it’ll ask you if you want to reset that light? So hit OK on the right side of the wheel to reset it
With Basic Display (Inspection Reset)
- The first step is to before you do anything is hit the hazard turn on
- Now we’re going to hold the 0.0/SET button down but when we do this and we’re going to turn the key to the on position
- Then once we do that and it turns on we will press the ❏ button once
With Premium Display (Inspection Reset)
- With the ignition off turn on the hazard flasher
- Hold the 0.0/SET button down while turning the car into the on position. Do not start the car but turn it to accessory mode
- It’ll ask you if you want to reset the inspection?
- So the next step is press the OK button on the steering wheel to confirm it
2019-2021 Jetta A7
Jetta Analog Cluster
Time needed: 3 minutes.
This is a quick guide on resetting oil service and inspection intervals on your 2019 Volkswagen Jetta. This is with the Jetta without the digital cockpit, and this is the analog cluster. So let’s give it a try.
- Start with ignition off
Make sure to turn off the engine and you close all doors
- Hold down the 0.0 button
Then you press and hold the 0.0 button on the dash
- Turn on your car without starting the engine
While holding it turn the ignition on but don’t turn the engine on
- Release the 0.0 button
Release the button and after a while it’s gonna ask you two questions back to back one. First, RESET OIL SERVICE? If you missed it the second one is RESET THE INSPECTION?
- Press the 0.0 button to confirm
So basically whichever one you want to do this, actually you can confirm the question by press the 0.0 button quickly
Jetta Digital Cockpit
So here with a 2019 Volkswagen Jetta i’m going to show you how to reset the service and inspection light. This is with the push start and we also have the full digital cluster.
- Press the START button twice to get the ignition up and running
- Select the DRIVING DATA menu tab
- Go to the RANGE mode
- Once get that screen you need to press the OK button for 4 seconds to get in the Service Menu
- Now it’s going to pop up to the service menu you just scroll down to the RESET OIL CHANGE or RESET INSPECTION
- So hit the OK button to execute the reset
So that’s how you reset it. Is it straightforward, right? You don’t have to take it to the dealer, or you don’t have to go to an auto supply store. You can do it yourself in less than a minute. I hope this was helpful and have a nice day.