How To Reset Service Inspection Light On Volkswagen Eos (2006-2015)
Hey everyone! Today I wanted to make this content because when I did the oil change on my Volkswagen Eos, I noticed a lot of misinformation about how to reset the service or inspection light. I found out that some cars do it one way and some cars do it the other way, and to me, that’s crazy.
So when the oil needs to be changed, the service light will be on when you start the car. You can see there on your dash, and that’s the time when you need to change the oil. So today, I’m going to show you how to reset the service light on this car. Check this out.
How To Reset Service Inspection Light On Volkswagen Eos
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This procedure applies to the first generation of the Volkswagen Eos (2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 model years).
2006-2009 Volkswagen EOS
- So first with the ignition off we’re gonna push and hold the 0.0 button
- Hold it in and then turn on the key but do not start the car
- After that, let go of that button and go to the left side and push the MIN button
2010-2013 Volkswagen EOS
With Cluster Button
- With the car in the off position hold down the 0.0/SET button
- Then turn the vehicle to the on position
- Now release the 0.0/SET button and then press the ❏ to the left of the instrument cluster so the reset is complete and the Service Now message will disappear
With Steering Control
- Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position
- Now you’re going to use the ◄ or ► control button on the steering wheel to get to the SETTINGS mode
- Then scroll down in settings mode until it says SERVICE
- Push the OK button to get in
- Next, scroll down once to RESET and hit OK
- Finally, press OK again to execute the service reset
2014-2015 Volkswagen EOS
Service Light Reset
- In order to reset the service light you need to press and hold the 0.0/SET button
- Then you need to put the key on without cranking the engine
- After that, it’ll ask you do you really want to reset the oil service right there and you’re gonna hit OK on the steering wheel to confirm
Inspection Light Reset
Time needed: 3 minutes.
After resetting the service minder, in this section, we’re going to show you how to reset the inspection interval as well on the new VW EOS. It’s a straightforward job, and you don’t need any tools or equipment to get it done.
- Shut the car off
First, make sure nothing is active in the car
- Turn on the hazard light
The next step is that you have to turn on the emergency flasher light
- Press and hold the 0.0/SET button while turn on the car
Now you’re going to hold down the 0.0/SET button on the dash as you are going to turn on the ignition at the same time
- Press OK button
When it’s going to ask you for inspection reset, you quickly press the OK button on the steering
So there you go. It’s effortless once you know what you’re doing, but you’d never figure that out on your no one ever that’s like so unintuitive. So thank you very much for reading my content, and we’ll see you next time.