Lexus LS: How To Reset Oil Maintenance Required Light (2007-2021)
Hello, what’s up everybody. In this post, I want to talk a lot about resetting the oil maintenance required light on the Lexus LS, whether it’s the LS460, LS600h, even the latest LS500.
So the reason we’re doing this is when I start the car, we are getting oil maintenance required message. Now I do regular intervals for oil changes on this car, so now we can continue to reset the system.
How To Reset Oil Maintenance Required Light On Lexus LS
Note: This procedure can be applied to the fourth and fifth generations of the Lexus LS (2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years).
2007-2017 (LS460 LS600h)
Time needed: 3 minutes.
In this chapter, I’m gonna show how to reset the maintenance required a reminder on your 2015 Lexus LS 460. It’s actually pretty simple when you’re gonna end up doing is you’re gonna be using the trip and reset button. Here’s how you do it:
- Turn on the car without start it up
Hit the start/stop button two times with your foot off the brake
- Get to the TRIP A
You need to set the trip meter on the TRIP A by using the trip button on the instrument panel
- Turn off the car
Now what we’re gonna do is we’re gonna turn it off
- Press and hold the RESET button
Next you gonna hold down the RESET button which is located next to the trip button
- Turn on the car again
While holding down the RESET button, restart your car without starting the engine
- Keep hold the RESET button
Keep holding the reset button until the reset process is complete and the maintenance light goes away
2018-2021 (LS500 LS500h)
Now we will try to reset the oil maintenance light on the Lexus LS500. In this generation you can access the settings menu using the navigation buttons on the steering wheel. Let’s try.
- Switch on the vehicle
- Press the ❏ button to clear the message
- Get to the ⚙️ menu by using the ► button
- Scroll down to VEHICLE SETTINGS and then select it
- Select OIL MAINTENANCE or SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE
- Finally, select YES to execute the maintenance data reset
Via Multimedia Display
For some models, such as the 2015 Lexus LS460 or 2020 LS500, it is also equipped with a multi-media display. You can reset some maintenance items there such as Oil Change, Oil Filter, Tire, Brake Pad, etc. Follow these instructions to reset it:
- After turn on your vehicle press the MENU button on the center console
- Then you’re gonna need to go to SETUP menu
- Scroll over go to VEHICLE
- Select MAINTENANCE
- At this point if any of maintenance items are red you’re gonna have to pick them and go into them and then reset them
So that’s basically all you need to do to reset your maintenance-required reminder system. I hope this information was helpful, and if it was, do me a favour, leave me a comment or share this content for me, you guys. Thank you a whole lot.