How To Reset Check Engine Codes ECU Light on Nissan Primera
How To Reset Check Engine Codes ECU Light on Nissan Primera – The Nissan Primera is a passenger car segment D produced by the automaker Nissan Motor for the domestic and European market since 1990, in three different series. In the fall of 1990, Nissan replaced the now elderly Nissan Bluebird with the Primera fresh, in his first series.
The second series of Primera, which now presented a more up to date look with the times, came in 1995 in Japan and in the fall of 1996 in Europe. The third series of the Japanese sedan was put on the market in early 2002 and was the product of cooperation with Renault.How To Reset Check Engine Codes ECU Light on Nissan Primera:
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If you want to turn off or clear the Check Engine Light / ECU light in 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Nissan Primera, perform the following procedures within the specified time! Because timing is extremely critical.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine and wait 3 seconds.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 5 seconds.
- Wait 7 seconds
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and hold for ten seconds. until the CEL starts blinking.
At this point, the light CEL should start flashing error code stored in the system and you can release the pedal. If you only get five flashes slowly or not flashing at all, then it is time You went on one of the above steps and you have to start from scratch.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking) and wait about 10 seconds.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Note: Repeat the process, if the lights still illuminate when you start the engine. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. This tutorial is based on the Nissan manual guide. This procedure should be work on all generations of Nissan Primera (2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008) models. Hopefully, the article How To Reset Check Engine Codes ECU Light on Nissan Primera useful for you. Good Luck!