Chevy Suburban: How To Reset Oil Life After Oil Change (2000-2022)
What’s up with you, daddy cool! Here I’m going to show you how to reset your oil life to 100%. So I got my oil change yesterday, but they failed to reset the oil life on my Chevy Suburban for me.
So when the engine oil is replaced, reset the system to calculate the next engine oil change. Therefore, it will not reset itself after every oil change. Always reset the engine oil life to 100%. So let’s get into it now.
Chevy Suburban: How To Reset Oil Life After Oil Change
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This tutorial will hold true for the ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth generations of the Chevrolet Suburban (2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 model years).
Fastest Way (2000-2022)
This is the fastest way to reset oil life on all generations of the Chevy Suburban. This method can also be used on most GM cars. So the reset can be done as follows:
- First, you’re going to turn the vehicle to the on position without starting the vehicle
- Then depress the GAS pedal three times
- Once you have done that, you will turn the vehicle back to the off position and then restart it
- Now your change oil light will flash and blink showing that you have reset the oil life
- First, turn the key to the on position
- By using the buttons on the steering wheel with the fuel gas pump on it just keep pressing it until it comes up with the percentage of OIL LIFE left
- Then you want to hold down the ⏎ button here and you need to hold it down until it goes through the change engine oil this has oil life reset
- Once it does, you can use the gas pump on the bottom left again to scroll and just make sure you at a hundred percent
- Turn the ignition switch to the on position
- Then go to the Vehicle Information button on the right side of the dash and we’re going to click that until we find your Oil Life remaining
- Now we’re going to reset that to 99 or 100 percent, so we’ll hit the ✓ button for 5 seconds and you’re done
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Alright, we have the 2017 Suburban and wanna reset the oil life. We’ll use the buttons on the right of the steering wheel—the checkmark for the okay and then the arrow buttons for the directions. So let’s go ahead.
- Switch on the ignition
First, you can turn the ignition on but you don’t need to turn on the engine
- Get to the main menu
Then you want to press the left arrow to get the main menu
- Go to the INFO
From this menu, you will highlight the INFO and select it
- Find the OIL LIFE
Now you can just scroll up or down on the regular info screen and then you’ll get to the OIL LIFE
- Press the right arrow
After that, you notice that right arrow and you’re gonna hit that right side mark and it takes you to the RESET option and you just click the ✓ button
- Select YES
At this point, it’s going to ask if you’re sure to reset, so scroll over with the green confirmation to the YES, and boom you are at 100
- First, you’re gonna turn the vehicle on and start the engine
- The next step is we’ll use the ◄or► arrow button to get the i menu tab that stands for the Infomation
- Then we’re going to scroll down until we have the OIL LIFE screen shown
- Next, we’re going to press the roller button in and hold it down for a couple of seconds and it will go to 100 percent
So that’s all there. If you have any comments about any of the content you see here, we want to hear feedback from you. Thank you for visiting this site and coming back soon for another helpful post.