Reset Guide: Toyota Sienna Oil Maintenance Light (2004-2022)
Hey bro! How you doin’? The maintenance required light is on my Sienna, and if you are a do-it-yourself repair guy like me, you’ll do all of your maintenance on your own schedule. So you don’t follow what the integrated computer says. And now we’re going to reset the oil maintenance light on this Toyota Sienna.
I’m sure there are a hundred videos on YouTube about how to reset your maintenance required light, but I figured I’d make just one post. So anyway, this is how to reset your maintenance required light on this Sienna.
Toyota Sienna Oil Maintenance Light Reset Guide
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This tutorial will hold true for the second, third, and fourth generations of the Toyota Sienna (2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years).
2004-2010 Sienna (XL20)
- The first thing you want to do is turn the key to the on position where the lights going to be flashing but the engine is not on
- Then we want to turn the odometer screen to where it has the ODO reading by pressing the ODO/TRIP button
- The next thing you want to do is turn the ignition off
- After that, all you want to do is hold the ODO/TRIP button and you want to turn the key to the on position againKeep hold it in and pay attention to where the odometer is you’ll see the dashes countdown and all zeros so then the maintenance required light will go out
2011-2020 Sienna (XL30)
In this chapter, I’m going to show you how to clear the maintenance required light on a Toyota Sienna and this will also reset your oil life. This is going to be on a 2017 Sienna here but it will be the same in several different years. So let’s get to work.
With Dash Button
- So we’re in the vehicle with the key and the first thing we need to do is turn the ignition to the on position by pressing the START button twice
- Then once this turns on we’re gonna press the ODO/TRIP button until it says TRIP A on the screen
- Now we need to turn the ignition off, so we’re going to press it one time
- After that, what we need to do is press the ODO/TRIP button press and hold it down and then we’re going to turn the ignition back on
- Keep hold it and you’re gonna see there it says resetting maintenance data and you see it counting down at the bottom and once it flashes zeros your oil life has been reset and the maintenance required will be cleared as well
With Steering Button
- To begin you’re gonna press the START button two times to go into accessory mode
- Then you’re going to arrow to the right until you get to the ⚙️ gear icon
- Next, you’re gonna arrow all the way down to the SETTINGS option and hit OK
- Once you’re in settings you’re going to arrow down until you get to the MAINTENANCE RESET option
- At this point, it’ll ask you if you’d like to reset the maintenance data, you’re gonna arrow up to YES and select it so then the maintenance light has been reset
2021-2022 Sienna (XL40)
Time needed: 3 minutes.
In this chapter, I will show you how to reset the oil maintenance light on a 2021 Toyota Sienna. This is specifically a Toyota sienna Hybrid model, but I believe it will work for just any Toyota Sienna and many other new Toyota model vehicles. So let’s go ahead and get started.
- Startup your car
The first thing you’re going to do is, you’re just going to start the vehicle up and you’ll notice on the screen it’s going to say that it is in due to maintenance required soon
- Clear any message
So what I’m going to do is I’m going to exit out of that by using the little kind of back arrow button
- Go to the ⚙️
Then you’ll notice I’m going to use the right arrow to scroll to the right until I get to the ⚙️ SETTINGS
- Get the VEHICLE SETTINGS
Next, we’re going to go down through settings until you get to VEHICLE SETTINGS, and then you’re going to hold down this OK button
- Scroll to SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
So that it opens up a little menu, but if you don’t press and hold it down it won’t go into this menu. So then I’m going to press down a few times until you get to SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE and click OK
- Select YES
After that, it will ask would you like to reset the data, I’m going to press ok on YES, and reset is complete
So there you go. It’s not too hard, and it takes a couple of minutes. Hopefully, I’ve taught something to you, and you’ve learned something new. So now you can reset your maintenance required light without going to a dealer. Anyway, thanks for watching, guys, until next time.