Reset Guide: Lexus IS Oil Maintenance Required Light (2006-2021)
The Lexus IS is a compact mid-range sedan, produced by the Japanese car manufacturer Toyota since 1998 in three different generations and marketed in the United States under the Lexus brand. So are you looking for a way to reset the oil maintenance required light on your Lexus IS?
In this article, I’m going to be walking through the process of how to reset the maintenance required light on my Lexus IS350. If you’ve always wondered how to do this yourself and maybe you want to try it at home, you’ve come to the right place.
Lexus IS Oil Maintenance Required Light Reset Guide
Each generation of Lexus IS has a different way to resetting the maintenance light. Choose one of the following methods according to your vehicle type. This method applies to the second and third generations (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 model years).
2006-2013 (ISF IS250 IS350)
So we’ve just changed the engine oil in a 2007 Lexus IS250 and it’s time to reset the oil maintenance light. This procedure also works for an IS350, so the first thing to do is:
- Turn on the car by press the Start button twice with foot off the brake pedal
- Make sure the odometer not reading on the TRIP A or TRIP B but on ODO by using the knob on the cluster
- Now we’ll shut off the vehicle by push that start button once
- Okay now with the engine off we are going to hold down the button and then turn on the car again
- Keep hold the button and waiting for the dash flashing and the maintenance light go off
2014-2016 (IS250 IS300 IS350)
Time needed: 3 minutes.
So in this chapter I will walk you through the steps of how to reset the maintenance light on 2015 Lexus IS250, IS300 or IS350. So here we go:
- Turn on the car
Keep your foot off the brake pedal and then press the power button twice
- Press the ❏ button (For F SPORT mode)
Press the ❏ button to move the main meter to the right-side position
- Go to the ⚙️ SETTINGS menu
Now what we need to do is scroll over to the right all the way until you get to Settings and press center button to enter
- Select MAINTENANCE SYSTEM
Then you’ll scroll downwards with the ▼ button until you get to MAINTENANCE SYSTEM then you’ll hit the center button
- Select YES
When a confirmation message appears, scroll up to yes and then hit the center button
2017-2021 (IS200T IS250 IS300 IS350)
In this chapter i’m going to show you how to get rid of that annoying explanation point when you have a maintenance light on 2018 Lexus IS200T. This procedure should be the same for IS350 or IS300 as well.
- Turn on the ignition without starting engine
- Scroll to the right by using the ► navigation button until you get to the ⚙️ SETTINGS
- Scroll down to VEHICLE SETTINGS and then press the center button to select it
- Select SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE or OIL MAINTENANCE
- Next, select YES to execute the maintenance reset
So that’s it, it’s a fairly simple to do. If you found this content helpful just give us a thumbs up we much appreciate, thank you.