Pontiac Vibe Tire Pressure Monitor System Reset Procedure
Pontiac Vibe Tire Pressure Monitor System Reset Procedure – Vibe is a compact car manufactured by Pontiac from 2003 to 2010. Presented at the Detroit Car Show in 2002, Vibe initially provided two types of engine that were marked by the same displacement, 1.8L. The power delivered was, however, different, 132 and 164 hp. Both the manual transmission (five or six ratios) and the automatic transmission (four gears) were available.
The vibe was restyled in 2005. The second generation model was unveiled at the show in Los Angeles in 2007. This second generation of Vibe had a more sporty line. A 2.4L engine was added to the offer. The vibe was removed from the market following the termination of the Pontiac brand.
Pontiac Vibe Tire Pressure Monitor System Reset Procedure:
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Pontiac Vibe, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position
- Locate and press the Tire Pressure Set button until the tire pressure warning light blinks 3 times.
- Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position
- Finally turn the engine switch to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position.
The procedure above can be applied to all the generations of Pontiac Vibe (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) models, which is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Hopefully the article of Pontiac Vibe Tire Pressure Monitor System Reset Procedure useful for you.