Tire Pressure System Reset Procedure for 2010 Pontiac G6 – The G6 is a mid-size car produced by Pontiac from 2004 to 2009. It was introduced in late 2004 as a replacement for the Grand Am. The model was assembled at Lake Orion, Michigan on General Motors’ Epsilon floor, and had the front mounted engine. The traction was also the front. The G6 shared the Epsilon platform, among other things, with the Chevrolet Malibu and the Saab 9-3. The style of the model was conventional, and the grooved inserts and rear flaps that were characteristic of the Grand Am were replaced by the most common type of sheet metal. Optional equipment included a remote ignition system (standard on the GT and optional on the base version), traction control, ABS, electronic stability control, automatic front lights and panorama roof.
In essence, the G6 was the sixth Grand Am series. The name was changed to favor the repositioning of Pontiac as a BMW rival. This new type of nomenclature was also the basis for the models that were launched later on. For example, the Pontiac G8 would belong to a higher class, while the Pontiac G5 would be part of a lower class. The Pontiac G6 was introduced for the first time in 2003 as a concept car at the Detroit Car Show. This concept car had installed a V6 engine powered by 3.5 l displacement and 285 hp of power. It was coupled to an electronically controlled 4T65-E automatic transmission.
Tire Pressure System Reset Procedure for 2010 Pontiac G6:
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn, turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2008 2009 2010 Pontiac G6, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the INFO and Set/Reset buttons at the same time until the TIRE LEARN? message displays on the Driver Information Center
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press and hold the Set/Reset button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 5.
- Next, proceed as in step 5 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the old generation of Pontiac G6 (2008 2009 2010) model years. Hopefully the article of Tire Pressure System Reset Procedure for 2010 Pontiac G6 useful for you. Good Luck!