2001-2020 Nissan Pathfinder ECU Check Engine Light Reset
2001-2020 Nissan Pathfinder ECU Check Engine Light Reset – The Nissan Pathfinder was originally a compact utility vehicle, although nowadays defined as medium-sized. Whereas the Pathfinder is designed to be sold in North America, the name was first introduced in late 1986 for the North American market, although in the rest of the world the vehicle is known as Terrano (not to be confused with the Terrano II, later model designed for the European market, and Terrano also called for some time). This model, Terrano, was introduced in the Panamanian market in December 1986.
The first generation Pathfinder / Terrano was known as WD21 platform; the second generation was the R50 platform, and the third generation is known as R51. The Pathfinder is slightly smaller than the Nissan Armada and the Patrol, and larger than the Murano, while its price is between the Xterra and Murano. The Pathfinder seeks to compete with the Japanese Toyota 4Runner, as well as the Mitsubishi Montero Sport, Isuzu Rodeo, Passport Honda, and Ford Explorer among others.
2001-2020 Nissan Pathfinder ECU Check Engine Light Reset:
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If you want to turn off or clear the Check Engine Light / ECU light in 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Nissan Pathfinder, perform the following procedures within the specified time! Because timing is extremely critical.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine and wait 3 seconds.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 5 seconds.
- Wait 7 seconds
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and hold for ten seconds. until the CEL starts blinking.
At this point, the light CEL should start flashing error code stored in the system and you can release the pedal. If you only get five flashes slowly or not flashing at all, then it is time You went on one of the above steps and you have to start from scratch.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking) and wait about 10 seconds.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This tutorial is based on the Nissan manual guide. Note: Repeat the process, if the lights still illuminate when you start the engine. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. This procedure should be work on all generations of Nissan Pathfinder (2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 model years). Hopefully, the article of 2001-2020 Nissan Pathfinder ECU Check Engine Light Reset useful for you. Good Luck!