How to Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on Cadillac CTS Without Tool – The Cadillac CTS (Catera Touring Sedan) is a segment E car, manufactured by General Motors under the Cadillac brand, introduced on the market in 2002 to replace Catera. It was originally created to compete directly with the Lincoln LS group in the Ford group, but LS production ceased in 2006 to make the smallest, but similar, Lincoln Zephyr (which in the meantime has been replaced by Lincoln MKZ). Designed by Wayne Cherry, CTS uses an eye-catching line that Cadillac calls “Art & Science,” and first seen on the Evoq prototype.
The launch of the CTS was aimed at rejuvenating the Cadillac brand in view of rescue from the extinction of the car manufacturer after Cadillac’s sales had come in favor of major luxury brands such as Lexus and Mercedes-Benz. Since the nineties, Cadillac was trying to attract young buyers, CTS was the first of these new models to succeed, unlike other models such as Catera and Allante. The second generation of CTS was presented at the North American International Auto Show. The line is inspired by the Sixteen prototype and is sold by the end of August 2007 as the 2008 model.
How to Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on 2005-2010 Cadillac CTS Without Tool:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your Cadillac CTS, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn, turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Cadillac CTS, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 4.
- Next, proceed as in step 4 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the old generation of Cadillac CTS (2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010) model years. Hopefully the article of How to Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on Cadillac CTS Without Tool useful for you. Good Luck!