How to Enter Self Diagnostic Menu on Ford S-Max (2006-2017) – The Ford S-Max is a D-segment minivan produced by the American automaker Ford since 2006. It has a transverse front engine, a five-door body and is available in five and seven-seater versions. Among its rivals are the Citroen C8, Fiat Croma, Peugeot 807, Renault Espace, Chrysler Voyager, and Kia Carnival.
It is a sister model of the second generation of the Ford Galaxy, with which it shares mechanical, structural and interior elements. Both share a platform with the third-generation Ford Mondeo. The S-Max was voted Car of the Year in Europe in 2007, surpassing the fourth generation of the Opel Corsa and the Citroën C4 Picasso.
How to Enter Self Diagnostic Menu on Ford S-Max (2006-2017):
If you want to access the instrument cluster hidden menu to perform self-diagnostic tests on your 2006 2007 2008 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Ford S-Max, perform the following:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Press and hold the OK button
- Turn the ignition to ON position without starting the engine.
- When you see ‘TEST’ on the display, release the OK button
- On this menu, you can access various test like needle sweep test, diagnostic tests, read DTC fault codes, check indicators and LCD display, engine RPMs, fuel flow, by using the ARROW button to navigate through diagnostic mode.
- If you finished, to exit Self-Diagnostic Mode turn the ignition to the OFF position
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the third generation of Ford S-Max (2006 2007 2008 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully the article on How to Enter Self Diagnostic Menu on Ford S-Max (2006-2017) useful for you. Good Luck!