2009-2017 Chevy Traverse Tire Pressure System TPMS Reset – The Chevrolet Traverse is a sports utility vehicle of the full-size category of General Motors brand Chevrolet. It is since the end of 2008 available in North America and replaced the TrailBlazer EXT and the Chevrolet Uplander. The model was initially in Spring Hill (Tennessee) and is built since 2010 at the Delta Township in Lansing (Michigan). It is positioned as a competing model to the Ford Flex.
The Traverse is powered by a 3.6-liter V6 with direct injection and variable camshaft adjustment, which produces an output of 210 kW. A six-speed automatic transfers the power to the two front wheels, optional four-wheel drive is available. The vehicle was presented in a study in 2003 and realized as a production model first in 2005 with the Chevrolet Equinox. The Traverse platform shared with the Buick Enclave, the GMC Acadia and the now-defunct Saturn Outlook. The Chevron (rafter) called grille shape is also used for the Chevrolet Malibu models, Aveo, Cruze, and Equinox.
2009-2017 Chevy Traverse Tire Pressure System TPMS Reset:
To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Chevy Traverse you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu” by using the thumbwheel
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appears, press the SET/CLR button again
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the latest generation of Chevy Traverse (2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 model years). Hopefully, the article of 2009-2017 Chevy Traverse Tire Pressure System TPMS Reset useful for you. Good Luck!