2005-2011 Cadillac STS Low Tire Pressure TPMS Sensor Reset – The Cadillac STS is a generous 4-door sedan from the prestigious US Cadillac House. It was presented at the New York Auto Show in 2004, only to be sold the following year, replacing the Cadillac Seville.
In 2007 it underwent a major restyling that mainly concerned lighthouses and grille, making the STS more aggressive, but without changing its purely Yankee character. The name STS stands for Seville Touring Sedan. Available in Italy with 3 engines combined with a sequential automatic transmission at 5 and 6 ratios traction is rear while only on some versions is available the AWD 4-wheel drive.
2005-2011 Cadillac STS Low Tire Pressure TPMS Sensor Reset:
If you receive a low-tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Cadillac STS, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn, turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Cadillac STS, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 4.
- Next, proceed as in step 4 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the old generation of Cadillac STS (2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 model years). Hopefully, the article of 2005-2011 Cadillac STS Low Tire Pressure TPMS Sensor Reset useful for you. Good Luck!