BMW X5: How To Reset Oil Service Light (E53/E70/F15/F85/G05)
Hey Bimmers! How you doin’? Today, we will talk about the BMW X5 E53/E70/F15/F85/G05 and precisely how to reset the oil service light. I want to walk you through that because many of you guys like to do yourself repairs on your vehicles.
The BMW and their shop rates tend to be relatively high especially buying these cars used. It becomes almost cost-prohibitive to bring these in for every little service appointment. So you have to get creative and do some of this work yourself. So let me guide you through the procedure.
How To Reset Oil Service Light On BMW X5
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This tutorial will hold true for the BMW X5 E53/E70/F15/F85/G05 (1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years).
BMW E53 (1999-2006)
- The first thing we want to do is go ahead and press and hold this left knob on the gauge cluster and turn the ignition key to position 1
- After that, we’ll see the RESET light on the screen, and we’re going to go ahead and hold the knob again until the RESET light begins to flash
- Once it starts flashing you can let it go and then press it once more, and as you can see, the service interval lights are now led up green and have been reset
BMW E70 (2007-2013)
- First, take your key and put it in the slot and then push the START button without pressing the brake
- Now we’re gonna concentrate on the dash. So what you want to do you want to make sure you have the temperature and the time on the dash
- Then once you have that, you’re gonna press and hold this RESET button till it brings you to the service menu
- At this point, you can use the RESET button for cycling through the service menu and then find the ENGINE OIL
- Once you reach what you need to reset you just press and hold the RESET button
- Once the RESET? comes up, you can let it go and then hold in RESET button again to confirm
BMW F15/F85 (2014-2018)
- Without foot on the brake, you just want to hit the START button one time
- Then you come over to the dash, you’ll see there’s a little button underneath the fuel gauge, and you need to press and hold that button until you see the reset possible
- Now use the button to scroll through all the modes and find the ENGINE OIL
- To reset it, you press and hold it again until the reset question mark comes up
- After that, you want to hold it one more time to actually reset it
BMW G05 (2019-2022)
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Alright, here we have a 2020 BMW X5, and it needs an oil service reset. And now we’re going to show you how to reset that oil service light once you get that service complete. So let me do that right now.
- Turn your car to the Diagnostic Mode
The first thing you will do is push the START button three times in succession and wait till the Diagnostic Mode Active message come on
- Hold in the BC button
Then you’re gonna hold in the BC button on the left stalk until you get to this service menu
- Make sure you’re on the ENGINE OIL screen
Once you get there, you’ll hit the BC button again to cycle through the services menu and go to the ENGINE OIL
- Push and hold the BC button
After that, push and hold the BC button again for about 10 seconds and let go when the question mark comes up
- Hold down the BC button again
Hold it again to reset, and then once it says reset in progress, you can let go and reset will successful
So that’s pretty much it, and you’re ready to go. I hope you enjoyed that content, and I hope it helps all you guys out there. You can do it yourself without bringing it to the dealers. So thank you so much for reading. I’d love to see you guys at the next one, and we’ll catch you real soon, see you.