BMW X1: How To Reset Oil Service Light (E84/F48)
Morning! So good to see ya, Bimmers! Today I’m going to be walking you through a BMW X1 (E84/F48) oil service light reset. So these will be some steps, and no tool needed you’re going to need to complete this job.
Resetting the service light on this BMW X1 sounds complicated, but it’s really not. If you’ve got one of your own, you should be in good shape to do it yourself and save money; that is the important part. So if you’re interested in this content, let’s have some fun.
How To Reset Oil Service Light On BMW X1
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This tutorial will hold true for the first and second generations of the BMW X1 E84/F48 (2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years).
2009-2014 BMW E84
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Alright, we are in BMW X1 E84, and I’m going to show you how to reset the service reminders in this car. So without wasting any more time, let’s go ahead and get right to it.
- Turn the key on
So what you can do is put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on then wait few seconds just for the warnings to disappear
- Long press the TRIP button
Now put your finger on the TRIP button on the dash and hold it until it gives you a different menu
- Go to the ENGINE OIL
After that you can use the left stalk up or down function to browse through the service menu and find the ENGINE OIL
- Press and hold the BC button
Once you get there you need to do is press the BC button on the end of the stalk until reset appear
- Hold down the BC button
Next, hold down the BC button again to execute the oil reset and the same goes for other reminders
- Turn off the car
Once you are done with your service reminders just stop pressing anything and after a few seconds this menu will disappear. You can also just turn off the ignition and everything is done
2015-2021 BMW F48
- Push the START button one time and all the lights on the dash will come up
- Next we’ll just clear any messages on the dash by pushing the BC button that’s on the left side of the stalk
- Then we’ll long press this RESET button on the bottom left of the instrument cluster and that’ll bring up the service item that possible to reset
- Now we’re going to be doing an oil service reset. So hit the RESET button to cycle through the menu and you need to find the ENGINE OIL
- Once you’ve pulled the menu up you just push the RESET button and hold it till the Reset? comes up
- After that you push and hold it again and when it says reset progress you can let go and as soon as it will say reset successful
Alright guys hope you enjoyed that quick little tutorial on how to do the service reset on a BMW X1. If you like these type of content make sure you share it and we’ll see you on the next one. So thanks for reading and have a wonderful good day.