How to Access Engineering Test Mode on Ford Taurus – The Ford Taurus is a passenger car produced by the American manufacturer Ford Motor Company since 1986 and sold almost all over the world. Its production has been almost continuous for more than two decades, in which it was offered with sedan and family bodies.
The only Ford models still produced that have remained on the production line longer than the Taurus are the Ford Ranger, the Ford Mustang, the Ford Crown Victoria and the Ford F-150. Originally belonging to segment D (according to the US nomenclature: “medium”), the Taurus was replaced in mid-2005 by the Ford Fusion, and its production was interrupted in October 2006.
How to Access Engineering Test Mode on Ford Taurus:
If you want to access the instrument cluster hidden menu to perform self-diagnostic tests on your 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Ford Taurus, perform the following:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Press and hold the OK button
- Turn the ignition to ON position without starting the engine.
- When you see ‘TEST’ on the display, release the OK button
- On this menu, you can access various test like needle sweep test, diagnostic tests, read DTC fault codes, check indicators and LCD display, engine RPMs, fuel flow, by using the ARROW button to navigate through diagnostic mode.
- If you finished, to exit Self-Diagnostic Mode turn the ignition to the OFF position
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the third generation of Ford Taurus (2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018) model years. Hopefully the article of How to Access Engineering Test Mode on Ford Taurus useful for you. Good Luck!