Ford Taurus Fuel Pump Inertia Switch Reset and Location – The Ford Taurus is a car produced by Ford since 1986. The Taurus has had a model “twin” produced by badge engineering, the Mercury Sable. The Taurus was the subject of a further review in 2000, which replaced the rounded items in the previous series and made the least eccentric line.
To reduce the price to make the competitive model, Ford was able to lower the cost of the model, for example by placing the drum brakes with ABS (previously, the ABS presence also included the presence of the rear discs), the elimination of dual exhaust manifold on the high-end models and other components removed. Ford designed the restyling to be more conservative for groped to increase sales.
Ford Taurus Fuel Pump Inertia Switch Reset and Location:
Fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch is a device that stops the fuel pump of the fuel delivery to the engine. If your engine cranks but does not start, this switch may have been activated. Here’s how to find and reset the switch:
- On the 2000-2007 Ford Taurus (sedan), the fuel pump shut-off switch is located on the right side of the trunk behind the trunk liner. As for the wagon version is located behind the service panel on the right side of the cargo area. You will need to remove the inner trim panel to access the switch.
- While the 2008-2009 Ford Taurus (fifth generation), the fuel pump shut-off switch is located in the front passenger footwell area in the right upper corner.
- Make sure to turn off your vehicle
- Pushing in the Fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch
- Turn the ignition to the on position and wait a few seconds and return the key to off position.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure works on a Ford Fusion 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 years model. Hopefully the article of Ford Taurus Fuel Pump Inertia Switch Reset and Locations useful for you.