2013-2017 Porsche Cayman Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure – The Porsche Cayman is a sports coupé with two seats and center engine produced by German automaker Porsche; As the sister, Porsche Boxster was assembled from 2005 to 2011 – predominantly in Finland by Valmet Automotive, due to the insufficient production capacity of the Porsche plant in Stuttgart; the mechanical parts, however, came from Germany. In the 2011/2012 transition period, however, Cayman was assembled exclusively in Stuttgart, as did Boxster. Since the end of 2012, the new Cayman is assembled in the former Karmann plant in Osnabrück, in the meantime acquired by Volkswagen, which in turn controls the capital of Porsche AG. It is directly derived from the Boxster, which is the coupé version.
The new Cayman model, based on the Boxster 981, is presented at the show in Los Angeles in November 2012. As expected, the outside line and interior lines faithfully follow the Boxster 981, which has been in production for a long time as far as the headlamp line, lateral (but slightly different) air intakes, side panels, door mirrors, rear view mirrors. different bumpers and alloy wheels, 18-inch standard on the Cayman and the Cayman S 19 (optionally available up to 20 inches).
2013-2017 Porsche Cayman Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure:
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn, turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Porsche Cayman, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Inflate all tires to pressure indicated on tire placard.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Use the lower lever on the right of the steering column to scroll to the menu on the multi-function info page. To select menus push the lever downwards (position 3) or upwards (position 4). To enter the menu push the lever forward (position 1). Pull the lever towards the steering wheel (position 2) to back.
- Select TPMS and enter the menu
- Select Tire Type
- Choose new tire type and tire size that you have installed
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at speed above 16 mph (25 km/h).
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the old generation of Porsche Cayman (2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018) model years. Hopefully the article of 2013-2017 Porsche Cayman Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure useful for you. Good Luck!