Cadillac SRX Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure (No Tool) – SRX is a mid-size SUV crossover produced by Cadillac since 2004. SRX was the most sold Cadillac model in the US in 2010 and 2011. The first series: 2004-2009 of this car engines available for this SRX series were the 3.6 L Cubic V6 LY7 HFV6 and 255 hp of power, and the V6 LH2 Northstar 4.6 L and 325 HP. The engine was mounted in front. This SRX series was based on General Motors’ Sigma GMT265 flatbed. The exchange rates offered were two, both automatic; One was six-way (the gear model depended on the type of engine installed), the other was the 5L40-E at five speeds. The traction was rear, and on request were available four-wheel drive.
For both engines, there were available side airbags and leather interior. They were available as standard on V8 engine specimens but were offered as optional on models with the V6 engine, heated front seats, and interior wood inserts. The DVD player, panorama roof, satellite navigator and the third row of electrically foldable seats were available as optional on both engines. The SRX was included in the list of the five best luxury SUVs in the Car and Driver magazine in 2004, 2005 and 2006, and was named SUV of the North American Year in 2004. In 2007 the sports package was offered as optional. The first SRX series never had the V-Series performance. The first generation of SRX was produced in the United States until 2009, and in Russia until 2010. In the first case it was assembled in Lansing, the second in Kaliningrad.
2004-2010 Cadillac SRX Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure (No Tool):
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your Cadillac SRX, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn, turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Cadillac SRX, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 5.
- Next, proceed as in step 5 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the old generation of Cadillac SRX (2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010) model years. Hopefully the article of Cadillac SRX Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure (No Tool) useful for you. Good Luck!