Reset Tyre Pressure Sensor TPMS on New 2016 Vauxhall Astra – The Vauxhall Astra is mid-range passenger car produced in the most serious since 1979 by the British car manufacturer Vauxhall. Introduced to replace the Vauxhall Viva, the Astra was none other than the Opel Kadett D rebranded under the Vauxhall logo. The first Vauxhall Astra was identical in all respects to the Kadett D, except for the logo on the front and the right guidance. They were the identical body structure, suspension, transmission and engines.
The New Astra was unveiled at the International Motor Show in Frankfurt in 2015 and marketed in stride from 15 September 2015. It exists only in five-door sedan and station wagon. This version is lightened of about 200 kg (depending on model) compared to its predecessor and despite dimensions scaled down, it is more habitable. It is also available in OPC sports version. It receives the European Car of the Year 2016.
How to Reset Tyre Pressure Sensor TPMS on New Vauxhall Astra:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2015 2016 2017 Vauxhall Astra, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers) to update the tyre pressure values
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. For that you need to purchase the correct TPMS reset tool and follow these instructions:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Keep brake pedal depressed. Move and hold the selector lever for five seconds to position N until P is displayed in the DIC display
- Set the selector lever to P, for vehicles with automatic transmission
- Select the Vehicle Information Menu by use the MENU button on the turn signal lever
- For another version: Press arrow button on the steering wheel and the select the Info
- Scroll down and select Tyre Pressure menu
- Press SET/CLR button or Check button to reset TPMS
- Press SET/CLR button or Check button again to confirm the selection. If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once.
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, training is completed and and a message is shown in the information display.
- Turn ignition to OFF position and then Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
This procedure should be work on latest generation of Vauxhall Astra (2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully the article of How to Reset Tire Pressure TPMS Light on 2007-2016 Ford Edge usefull for you. Good Luck!