Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on Chevy Equinox without Tool
Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on Chevy Equinox without Tool – This car is based on the Theta platform of General Motors. The model was the first Chevrolet crossover SUV belonging to the category “compact”. The Equinox is based on the platform GM “Theta”, and its shell is mechanically similar to the GMC Terrain, Saturn Vue, Pontiac Torrent, and Suzuki XL7. However, the Equinox and Torrent have a greater width of the Vue, and they also possess a wheelbase of 2,858 mm, and 150 mm longer than the Saturn model.
The Equinox is not designed to be suitable on rough terrains. For this use, the Chevrolet range is suitable for the Tahoe and TrailBlazer. In 2006, General Motors has updated for the first time the Equinox. On this occasion, they have been applied to the General Motors logos on the front doors. The Equinox is assembled by CAMI Automotive, ie a joint venture between General Motors and Suzuki. This series has been manufactured at the plant in Ingersoll, Canada.
How to Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on Chevy Equinox without Tool:
Note! This procedure applies only to the 2008 2009 2010 2011 model years. To relearn turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2008 2009 2010 2011 Chevy Equinox, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appears, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
- Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the old generation of Chevy Equinox (2008 2009 2010 2011 model years). Hopefully, the article of Reset Tire Pressure TPMS on Chevy Equinox without Tool useful for you. Good Luck!