How to Relearn Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS on Pontiac Torrent – Torrent is a Pontiac car from 2005 to 2009. The model was offered with only one type of bodywork, four-door SUV crossover. It was part of the mid-size car category and replaced the Pontiac Aztek. The Torrent was assembled by CAMI Automotive in Ingersoll, Canada, and was essentially a Chevrolet Equinox built on the Theta platform of General Motors. The Torrent was introduced to the Los Angeles Motor Show and was sold since the summer of 2005.
The Torrent shared body structure and mechanics with Equinox. However, the external appearance of the front and back of the Pontiac Torrent reminiscent of models, rather than that of Chevrolet cars. The suspensions were also modified to be more rigid and sporty, and they were called FE2. The electronically controlled power steering has been recalibrated to offer a less artificial and more direct driving feel. With Equinox, the Torrent shared a 3.4 L V6 engine and 185 hp power, which was manufactured in China and was installed in the front.
How to Relearn Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS on Pontiac Torrent:
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2008-2009 Pontiac Torrent, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
- Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on Pontiac Torrent (2008 2009) models. Hopefully, the article of 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset useful for you. Good Luck!