2006-2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset
2006-2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset – Mazda presents the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Roadster is the latest generation variant. This model is presented since 1989 and continues to maintain its charm to models released in 2016. Mazda has packed a lot of new features, technologies, and infotainment system in 2016 Miata MX-5 Roadster. Mazda Miata in the category of the most powerful cars in its segment but certainly stylish.
Mazda has succeeded in reducing the size and weight of the car slightly, less than 150 pounds from its predecessor. However, in 2016 Miata is wider. With 45mm short overhangs, Mazda designers have been doing good with their KODO design philosophy. Hood height has been reduced by 28mm, and 20mm driver’s seat is lower than the previous model. Steering wheel radius has been reduced 2mm. Car adds convenience by offering an additional 12mm to the driver’s foot.
2006-2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset:
To reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata, follow these steps:
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Turn ignition to ON, then to OFF and wait for 15 minutes
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 10 minutes of cumulative driving at least 25 km/h (16 mph), and then verify that it turns off.
- Sensor IDs will then register.
For the latest models (2016), you can reset the TPMS by the following methods:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Let the tires cool, then adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position
- Locate and press the tire pressure warning reset button until the tire pressure warning light blinks 2 times and a beep sound is heard once.
- Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position
- Finally, turn the engine switch to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position.
For more details please check the following video:
The procedure above can be applied to all the generations of Mazda MX-5 Miata (2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016) models, which is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Hopefully, the article of 2006-2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset useful for you.