How to Locate Fuel Cut-off Inertia Switch in Mercury Sable
How to Locate Fuel Cut-off Inertia Switch in Mercury Sable – Sable is a 4-door sedan, a 5-door station wagon for Mercury produced in the United States. It began selling in 2000. Major changes that minor changes in exterior and interior following the predecessor of the engine drive system. Because the predecessor who boldly adopted the oval was quite unpopular, the oval was eliminated as much as possible, and a significant design change was done.
Particularly distinctive 4-door sedan’s rear trunk area was changed to conservative design surprisingly. They have also made major alterations on the whole, such as improving the room space of the rear seats and changing the suspension settings to more comfort-oriented.
How to Locate Fuel Cut-off Inertia Switch in Mercury Sable:
The fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch is a device that stops the fuel pump of the fuel delivery to the engine. If your engine cranks but does not start, this switch may have been activated. Here’s how to find and reset the switch:
- On the 2000-2006 Mercury Sable sedan, the fuel pump shut-off switch is located on the right side of the trunk behind the trunk liner. May you need to remove the lower scuff plate to access the switch
- If your vehicle is a wagon, the fuel pump shut-off switch is located behind the service panel on the right side of the cargo area.
- On the 2008 2009 Mercury Sable sedan, the fuel pump shut-off switch is located in the front passenger footwell area in the right upper corner.
- Make sure to turn off your vehicle
- Pushing in the Fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch
- Turn the ignition to the ON position (Do not turn the ignition to ‘START) and wait a few seconds and return the key to off position.
For more details, please watch following video:
Warning! Do not reset the fuel system shut-off switch if you see or smell fuel from the fuel system. This procedure works on 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Mercury Sable that uses Petrol engine. Hopefully, the article of How to Locate Fuel Cut-off Inertia Switch in Mercury Sable useful for you.