How to Check Ford E450 Fuel Inertia Switch Location
How to Check Ford E450 Fuel Inertia Switch Location – The Ford E series are vans used mainly for commercial purposes. It appeared as Falcon Econoline in 1961, was originally a full-size van, developed with reference to the van of VW. GM Chevrolet and Chrysler are also being developed at the same time.
Initially, it was made with the same size as the VW van (about 2300 mm wheelbase), but it is too small for an average North American family, so it is expanded every time the model change is repeated between 68 years and 75 years, and once in full-size van It came to be called. There are standard E 150 chassis and E 350 chassis for heavy-duty. (E450 chassis for heavy-duty exist even in the old model)
How to Check Ford E450 Fuel Inertia Switch Location:
Time needed: 7 minutes.
The fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch is a device that stops the fuel pump of the fuel delivery to the engine. If your engine cranks but does not start, this switch may have been activated. Here’s how to find and reset the switch:
- On the Ford E-450, On diesel-powered vehicles, this switch is located in the front passenger’s footwell, by the kick panel. May you need to remove the lower scuff plate to access the switch.
- On commercial stripped chassis vehicles, this switch is located on a bracket above the brake pedal. May you need to remove the lower scuff plate to access the switch
- Make sure to turn off your vehicle
- Pushing in the Fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch
- Turn the ignition to the ON position (Do not turn the ignition to ‘START) and wait a few seconds and return the key to off position.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Warning! Do not reset the fuel system shut-off switch if you see or smell fuel from the fuel system.
This tutorial is based on the Ford owner’s manual. This procedure works on a 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Ford E-450 that uses the Diesel engine. Hopefully, the article of How to Check Ford E450 Fuel Inertia Switch Location useful for you.