How To Reset Ford Transit Connect TPMS Tire Pressure Light (2010-2019)
How To Reset Ford Transit Connect TPMS Tire Pressure Light (2010-2019) – Since spring 2002, Ford offers under the name Ford Transit Connect (van) and Ford Tourneo Connect (minibus / Combi) a city delivery Cart (leisure activity vehicle) to. The first Transit Connect is based on the C170 platform that the Ford Focus ’98 also used. The produced from the end of 2013 the second generation is based on the Ford C-MAX. The Transit Connect was voted Van of the Year in 2003 and 2014.
In early 2014 the next generation of Connect was introduced on the market. This model uses the platform of the Ford C-Max and the design takes elements of the Ford Kuga. The 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine and the 1.6-liter Duratorq diesel engine were taken from the Ford Focus, the dashboard has been derived from other Ford car models.
How To Reset Ford Transit Connect TPMS Tire Pressure Light (2010-2019):
Time needed: 17 minutes.
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor, etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Ford Transit Connect you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Drive the vehicle above 20 mph (32 km/h) for at least two minutes and then stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
- Turn the hazard flashers on then off 3 times within 10 seconds.
If the reset mode has been entered successfully, the horn will sound once.
- Decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 4.
- Next, proceed as in step 4 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, training is completed and a message is shown in the information display. Turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This tutorial is based on the Ford owner’s manual. This procedure should be work on all generations of Ford Transit Connect (2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 model years). Hopefully, the article of How To Reset Ford Transit Connect TPMS Tire Pressure Light (2010-2019) useful for you. Good Luck!