2012-2016 Chevy Impala TPMS Sensor Light Reset Procedure
2012-2016 Chevy Impala TPMS Sensor Light Reset Procedure – The Impala is a car Full-Size produced by the American company Chevrolet since 1958. In 1958, the Impala is initially posed as a special version of the Chevrolet Bel Air. The model consisted of a body with softer lines than the original Bel Air and the interiors were more luxurious. In 1959 he was made an autonomous model. It looks wider, lower and squarer than that of the previous year. In 1960, the model for a good part of the finish from the previous year and not the injection engines were more available.
In 2004, the car is updated with a new design. It was equipped with a propeller Chevrolet Series II V6 with 240 hp with 380 Nm of torque managed by a change Hydramatic 4T65-E four-speed automatic 4. The body was made of steel while the suspensions were composed, in all sections of the vehicle, by McPherson struts, coil springs, and anti-roll bars. The braking system was formed by four disc brakes combined with an ABS system. In 2008, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the launch of Impala market, it was built a special version. That model implements FE3 sports suspension, rear spoiler, ABS system, the power to Ethanol E85 and a 3.5-liter V6 engine with 211 hp with 290 Nm of torque.
2012-2016 Chevy Impala TPMS Sensor Light Reset Procedure :
If you receive a low-tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Chevy Impala, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Chevy Impala you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appears, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the latest generation of Chevy Impala (2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully, the article of 2012-2016 Chevy Impala TPMS Sensor Light Reset Procedure useful for you. Good Luck!