Chevy Impala: How To Reset Oil Life After Oil Change (2006-2020)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Christ
I come in peace! Chow chow. Today we’ll show you an oil life reset on this 2009 Chevy Impala after an oil change, and it’s a pretty good look at that. The oil life reset is pretty simple, anybody can do it, and it’s the same steps for every Chevy’s car.
So you can read this post and just do the same thing for your car. Of course, something that would be different would be determined by the year and type of your car. So stay tuned; you’ll find that out.
How To Reset Oil Life On Chevy Impala After Oil Change
Warning! Please note your vehicle model. This tutorial will hold true for the ninth and tenth generations of the Chevrolet Impala (2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 model years).
Impala 9th generation (2006-2016)
With Gas Pedal
- First, we’re going to go to the on position without starting the engine
- Now in order to reset the oil light you will have to hit the GAS pedal three times within five seconds and it’s going to flash and your maintenance reminder will go off
With DIC Button
Time needed: 3 minutes
This chapter will show you how to reset the oil in a 9th generation Chevy Impala. This should be the same for all 2006-2011 3.5L V6 models. So here’s the way you’re doing it:
- Switch on the ignition
Stick the key in and turn it to the on position
- Get to the OIL LIFE screen
In your Chevy Impala, you have four buttons but you’ll press the Vehicle Information key right over here and you continually press it until it comes up with the OIL LIFE index
- Hold in the ✓ button
Once you get there, you come over to the checkmark which is the reset button and you hold it down and you wait for that light to it to reset to 100 percent
Impala 10th generation (2015-2020)
- Grab your keys and turn the car on
- After that, we’ll use the ◄ left arrow to return to the main menu
- Afterwards, we’ll go to the INFO section and press to choose it
- Scroll down this menu until you find the OIL LIFE screen
- You may now return to 100% by pressing and holding the ✓ checkmark button
So that’s about going to do it for today’s post. Comment down below with any questions you have or suggestions for future content. Thanks for reading, and have a good time.