1996-2004 Chevy Corvette C5 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset
1996-2004 Chevy Corvette C5 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset – The fifth-generation Corvette was launched in 1996. From the exterior two-door car looks similar to the previous generation. But Chevy designers give rounded design touches that make this sports car look more aggressive and aerodynamic. While this is a sports car, but the Corvette was able to demonstrate the fuel consumption figures are quite economical.
Of course, this makes Corvette owners do not need to pay taxes are expensive due to wasteful fuel consumption. This is thanks to the lightweight of the car, the absence of spare tires because it uses anti-flat tires and a low rate of wind resistance. Along with the rapid advancement of technology, it is also the fifth-generation Corvette was offered with several advanced features, such as the Head-Up Display (HUD), Active Handling System, a drive-by-wire, and Variable-Effort Steering.
1996-2004 Chevy Corvette C5 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset:
Time needed: 17 minutes.
To reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 1996-2004 Chevy Corvette C5 you must have a Magnet and follow these steps:
- Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
- Press the DIC RESET button to clear any warning messages, if they’re present.
- Press the OPTIONS button and cycle through the menu until the display goes blank.
- Press and hold the RESET button until “FOB TRAINING” appears on the display.
- Press the OPTIONS button once. A “TIRE TRAINING” message is displayed.
- Press the RESET button once. A “LEARN LEFT FRONT TIRE” message is displayed.
- Hold a magnet over the Valve Stem on the left front wheel. You may have to move it around the valve stem to hit the right spot.
- When the horn beeps (about 7 seconds later), programming is complete for THAT wheel.
- Program the other 3 wheel sensors as directed by the DIC message display. The sequence is as follows: Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This tutorial is based on the Chevrolet owner’s manual. This procedure should be work on the fifth generation of the Chevy Corvette (1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 model years). Hopefully, the article of 1996-2004 Chevy Corvette C5 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset useful for you. Good Luck!