2012-2016 Chevy Sonic Tire Pressure Monitor TPMS Light Reset – The New Chevrolet Aveo / Sonic is a passenger car segment B produced by the South Korean division of General Motors, (Daewoo) as a new concept of a global car. It was brought to market in 2011. In the US and other markets in south america it is differentiated from the other versions of the Aveo, calling Chevrolet Sonic, and in some markets the same region is designated as New Aveo, although the name of New Aveo has a different car, also from Chevrolet, which is the Aveo T250; although this is designated as Aveo e-Motion.
The New Chevrolet Aveo / Sonic is available in two body styles of 4 and 5-door sedan and hatchback; -all five engine configurations built on a platform dedicated exclusively, what will differ from its predecessor. The Chevrolet Aveo New / Sonic has earned the 5 star EuroNCAP proving to be a very safe car to the strict regulations for this standard. One of its features is that your roof can withstand 4.2 times the car’s weight without bending over itself. Passive safety, favored by some racks that are among the stiffest in its class; They are an addition that is reinforced by 6 airbags as standard for the protection of its crew.
2012-2016 Chevrolet Sonic Tire Pressure Monitor TPMS Reset:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Chevy Sonic, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016 2017 Chevy Sonic you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on latest generation of Chevy Sonic (2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully the article of 2012-2016 Chevy Sonic Tire Pressure Monitor TPMS Light Reset usefull for you. Good Luck!