2012-2016 Chevy Equinox Tire Pressure Monitoring TPMS Reset – The Equinox is a mid-size crossover SUV manufactured by Chevrolet since 2005. The Equinox is based on the Theta platform of General Motors. The platform is a monocoque. The model is assembled by CAMI Automotive, ie a joint venture between General Motors and Suzuki. It was introduced in 2004 for model year 2005. The second Equinox series was announced December 21, 2008, and was presented to the public Motor Show in Detroit in 2009.
This new generation Equinox, which is marketed by the 2010 model year, is on the market since June 2009. It is based on a reinforced version of the platform “Theta” used for the previous series. The new Equinox is equipped with the direct-injection engines. The early 2010 models had applied for the General Motors logos, but for the specimens that have come later were eliminated. The new engine four-cylinder 2.4 L of displacement is assembled in the United States, specifically in Tonawanda, and produces 182 hp and 233 N • m of torque. The optional engine is instead a 3 L V6, which delivers 264 hp and 290 N • m.
2012-2016 Chevy Equinox Tire Pressure Monitoring TPMS Reset:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Chevy Equinox, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2008 2009 2010 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016 2017 Chevy Equinox you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on latest generation of Chevy Equinox (2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully the article of 2012-2016 Chevy Equinox Tire Pressure Monitoring TPMS Reset usefull for you. Good Luck!