2008-2009 Pontiac G8 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset – The G8 was full-size car produced by Pontiac brand from 2007 to 2009. The G8 was a four-door sedan with rear-wheel assembled by Holden, that is, by an Australian subsidiary of General Motors. The G8 was, in essence, a version obtained by badge engineering from the Holden VE. It was launched on the market in early 2008 for the 2008 model year in the United States, and in 2008 for the 2009 model year in Canada.
It was removed from the market in mid-2009 following the decision taken by General Motors to suppress the Pontiac brand. During the period when it was on the market, he replaced the G8, Pontiac in range, both the Pontiac Bonneville, which was removed from the market after the 2005 model year, both the Pontiac Grand Prix, which was discontinued after the 2008 model year. The G8 was the first full-size car produced by Pontiac Bonneville after and after the fourth generation of the GTO. The G8 was produced from 18 December 2007 to June 2009. The engine was installed before.
2008-2009 Pontiac G8 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2008-2009 Pontiac G8, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2008-2009 Pontiac G8, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
- Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on Pontiac G8 (2007 2008 2009) models. Hopefully the article of 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset usefull for you. Good Luck!