Resetting Airbag error light on 2004-2016 Nissan Tiida – The Nissan Tiida (Versa in North America, Latio in Southeast Asia) is a passenger car segment C produced by the Japanese company Nissan since September 2004. The Tiida is somewhat less expensive and shorter and higher than the Nissan Sentra V16 sold in America. It is a five-seater with transverse front engine and front wheel drive, the platform developed for the TIIDA has also been used in the Renault Clio III. It is manufactured in sedan and four-door versions five-door hatchback. The gear boxes available are a manual five or six-speed and four-speed automatic. In some countries it is also available with CVT transmission.
The steering is electrically assisted, including some versions hatchback sunroof (moonroof). The Tiida was first manufactured in the third quarter of 2004 in Japan. It is also assembled in Malaysia and the People’s Republic of China, and since 2006 at the plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico. It has three four-cylinder petrol engines online: a 1.5-liter 110 hp maximum power (HR15DE), a 1.6-liter 110 hp (HR16DE), and a 1.8-liter aluminum construction that generates 125 hp (MR18DE). The only diesel is a 1.5-liter 106 hp, four-cylinder, two valves per cylinder, common-rail direct injection, turbocharger and intercooler variable geometry.
Resetting Airbag error light on 2004-2016 Nissan Tiida:
To turning off the Airbag Light on 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016 Nissan Tiida, conform to the following instructions:
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine, If your vehicle has Smart key button, press the “Start” button twice without touching the brake pedal.
- Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
- Wait for more than 3 seconds
- Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
- Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
- Now turn the key off again, wait for more than 3 seconds like in step 3 again, and turn back on.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset
For more details, please watch the following video:
If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing. This procedure should applies to the all models of Nissan Tiida (2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016). Hopefully the article of Resetting Airbag error light on 2004-2016 Nissan Tiida usefull for you. Good Luck!