Reset Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS on 2007-2014 Toyota Matrix – The Toyota Matrix is a compact model that is available in the North American catalogs only to the Toyota brand. Based on the Corolla, but thought and produced in collaboration with Pontiac, a brand of US giant GM, which sells under the name of Vibe. It is somehow the minivan release. In North America, it is one of the few representatives of the compact MPV.
Launched in early 2002, the first Matrix had to find customers, because the compact MPV were non-existent in North America. Based on the Corolla ninth of the name, it is much shorter 18 cm, but it is wider and taller (8 cm and 7 cm respectively). It exceeded hundred thousand copies since 2004. Launched in February 2008, the second generation of the Matrix is slightly longer than the previous one (+ 2 cm), higher than a centimeter wide but less even. It is based on the Corolla, which was launched at the same time. It still has a full transmission, while the XRS sports version has become a simple finish and shares its engine.
How to Reset Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS on 2007-2014 Toyota Matrix:
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Toyota Matrix, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position
- See below the steering wheel, locate and press the tire pressure warning reset button until the tire pressure warning light blinks 3 times.
- Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position
- Finally turn the engine switch to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position.
For more details please check the following video:
The procedure above can be applied to all the generations of Toyota Matrix (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014) model years, which is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Hopefully the article of Reset Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS on 2007-2014 Toyota Matrix useful for you.