Jaguar S-Type Instrument Cluster Test Self-Diagnostic Mode – S-Type has been produced by the British company since April 1999, resuming the name in use forty years before by the Jaguar S-Type. It is the second Jaguar model produced under Ford’s ownership, and the first to use a Ford model, the Lincoln LS platform. With this second S-Type, the Jaguar returned to a retro design with a model of the category of the big sedans, which for years had been held by the numerous versions of the XJ, whose first model was launched in 1968.
The concept of the compact sports sedan, destined for a more discreet audience, but always very attentive to luxury and prestige, dates back to the 1950s and is closely linked to Jaguar history: like the old S-Type, scoring indelibly an entire Automotive generation. In 1998 the house of the jaguar seems to regain its vigor, representing a broader gateway to Jaguar customers. In fact, S-Type raised the brand from a very unprofitable period.
Jaguar S-Type Instrument Cluster Test Self-Diagnostic Mode:
If you want to access instrument cluster hidden menu to perform self-diagnostic tests on your 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Jaguar S-Type, perform the following:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Press and hold the Stalk Trip Cycle button
- Turn the ignition to ON position without starting the engine.
- When you see ‘ENGINEERING TEST MODE’ on the display, release the Stalk Trip Cycle button
- On this menu, you can access various test like needle sweep test, diagnostic tests, read DTC fault codes, check indicators and LCD display, engine RPMs, fuel flow, by using the TRIP button to navigate through diagnostic mode.
- If you finished, to exit Self-Diagnostic Mode, press the stalk trip cycle button for more than three seconds.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the latest generation of Jaguar S-Type (2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008) model years. Hopefully the article of Jaguar S-Type Instrument Cluster Test Self-Diagnostic Mode useful for you. Good Luck!