Reset Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS Light on 2015-2016 Chevy SS – The Chevrolet SS is a sports sedan of the US automobile manufacturer General Motors. It will be offered in the US since 2013 (model year 2014) and is based on the Holden Commodore (GM Zeta platform). Technically, the Chevy SS is largely identical to the HSV Clubsport, however, has a slightly reduced performance compared to this. The SS stands for Sports Sedan.
The SS is the first new Chevrolet sedan with rear-wheel drive in the United States since 1996. As motor of GM V8 comes in version LS3 with an output of 415 American HP (420 hp), combined with a six-speed automatic used. The acceleration from 0 to 97 km / h (60 mph) is given as 5 seconds.
Reset Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS Light on 2015-2016 Chevrolet SS:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2015 2016 2017 Chevy SS, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2015 2016 2017 Chevy SS you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on latest generation of Chevy SS (2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully the article of Reset Tire Pressure Sensor TPMS Light on 2015-2016 Chevy SS usefull for you. Good Luck!