Reset ECU Check Engine Light on 2007-2016 Nissan X-Trail T31 – The second generation of the Nissan X-Trail (T31), was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2007, the marketing began in August 2007 in Japan and by the end of this year in Europe. It was not sold in the US and Canada where it was replaced by a crossover named Nissan Rogue. The aesthetic changes are not radical especially at the front where only the optical were reviewed. However, gaining 17 cm in length (4630 mm) as it shares the same platform as the Nissan Qashquai launched in the same period. The win allows the higher capacity boot (603 l against 350 l) inaugurating a removable double bottom in this last and greatest leg area for rear passengers.
Nissan has completely redesigned the interior to the benefit of ergonomics, instrumentation (tachometer, speedometer, etc …) is now behind the steering wheel, a GPS navigation system more responsive. The quality of plastics is rising, it introduces foamed plastic and aluminum a few tips as the steering wheel or the center console. Like its predecessor, the Nissan X-Trail II offers a versatility of conduct whether in “offroad” or on the road. It is equipped with permanent AWD “all manner” appeared in the Nissan Pathfinder and Qashquai manages wheel traction by distributing torque to all four wheels that are most needed. This driver three settings: “Auto” for wet or slippery roads, the word “4×2” for the city or dry roads and “Lock” for damaged coatings where conditions are difficult. Note that this technology also included using hill start.
Reset ECU Check Engine Light on 2007-2016 Nissan X-Trail T31 T32:
If you want to turn off or clear the Check Engine Light / ECU light in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Nissan Xtrail T31 T32, perform the following procedures within the specify time! Because timing is extremely critical.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine and wait 3 seconds.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 5 seconds.
- Wait 7 seconds
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and hold for ten seconds. until the CEL starts blinking.
- At this point the light CEL should start flashing error code stored in the system and you can release the pedal. If you only get five flashes slowly or not flashing at all, then it is time You went on one of the above steps and you have to start from scratch.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking) and wait about 10 second.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Note: Repeat the process, if the lights still illuminates when you start the engine. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. This procedure should be work on all generation of Nissan Xtrail T31 T32 (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) models. Hopefully the article of Reset ECU Check Engine Light on 2007-2016 Nissan X-Trail T31 usefull for you. Good Luck!