Ford E-350/E-250/E-150 Fuel Inertia Switch Location – In 2001, Ford released some E-150 TRAVATOR (Traveler) for North American families as well as some improvements. At the same time the car name changed from Econoline to E series. Some improvements were made in 2003. The design of the front grille was changed, the Ford’s logo mark was attached, and a new engine cover, cup holder, glove box was equipped.
In March 2007, Ford announced the new E series at the New York Auto Show. The new E-Series vans, became a design that resembles the Super Duty Trucks of the 2008 model year. The engine is equipped with the 6.0L diesel turbo in the Super Duty E series, and the newly developed 6.4L twin turbo diesel engine was mounted on the Super Duty F series.
Ford E-350/E-250/E-150 Fuel Inertia Switch Location:
The fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch is a device that stops the fuel pump of the fuel delivery to the engine. If your engine cranks but does not start, this switch may have been activated. Here’s how to find and reset the switch:
- On the Ford E-350/E-250/E-150, On diesel-powered vehicles, this switch is located in the front passenger’s footwell, by the kick panel. May you need to remove the lower scuff plate to access the switch.
- On commercial stripped chassis vehicles, this switch is located on a bracket above the brake pedal. May you need to remove the lower scuff plate to access the switch.
- Make sure to turn off your vehicle
- Pushing in the Fuel pump shut-off (inertia) switch
- Turn the ignition to the ON position (Do not turn the ignition to ‘START) and wait a few seconds and return the key to off position.
For more details, please watch following video:
Warning! Do not reset the fuel system shut-off switch if you see or smell fuel from the fuel system. This procedure works on a 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Ford E-350/E-250/E-150 that uses Petrol engine. Hopefully, the article of Ford Territory Fuel System Shut-Off Switch Reset Location useful for you.