How to Access Self-Diagnostic Test Hidden Menu on Ford C-Max – The C-MAX is a compact MPV segment C produced by Ford in Saarlouis since 2003. It was the first to use the new Ford C1 platform, also used by the Ford Focus Second Series, which was introduced a year later, and by the Mazda Premacy and Mazda 5.
Included in the family of multi-purpose cars of the US brand carries the wording “C214” as project code. The first version was called the Ford Focus C-MAX. The name has been changed to C-MAX due to the strategy adopted by Ford, which is to create a wording and a MAX line for minivans.
How to Access Self-Diagnostic Test Hidden Menu on Ford C-Max:
If you want to access the instrument cluster hidden menu to perform self-diagnostic tests on your 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Ford C-Max, perform the following:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Press and hold the OK button
- Turn the ignition to ON position without starting the engine.
- When you see ‘TEST’ on the display, release the OK button
- On this menu, you can access various test like needle sweep test, diagnostic tests, read DTC fault codes, check indicators and LCD display, engine RPMs, fuel flow, by using the ARROW button to navigate through diagnostic mode.
- If you finished, to exit Self-Diagnostic Mode turn the ignition to the OFF position
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on the third generation of Ford C-Max (2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019) model years. Hopefully the article of How to Access Self-Diagnostic Test Hidden Menu on Ford C-Max useful for you. Good Luck!