2013-2016 Chevy Trax Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset Procedure – The Chevrolet Trax is a compact SUV produced by the automaker Chevrolet from 2013. In Australia the car is sold under the brand name of Holden. Russia and South America is instead sold as the Chevrolet Tracker. The prototype was first unveiled in 2012 at the Paris Motor Show, while the final model was shown in 2013 at the Detroit Motor Show. The car was put on the market between 2013 and the early months of 2014 in Canada, Mexico, Lebanon, South Korea, United Arab Emirates and Europe.
Australia was marketed as Holden Trax, while in Russia and South America was renamed the Chevrolet Tracker. Late in 2014 it was put on the market in China, Indonesia and the Philippines. In 2016 at the Detroit Motor Show it is presented a makeover. The Chevrolet Trax is available with different engines depending on the market. In Latin America it is only available with a 1.8 petrol engine. In Canada and the USA on the other hand it is only available with the 1.4 petrol turbo engine. In Mexico and in Australia is offered with either a 1.4 petrol turbo engine with 1.8, while in Europe it was possible to choose between the engines 1.4 turbo and 1.6 petrol and 1.7 diesel engine.
2013-2016 Chevrolet Trax Tire Pressure TPMS Light Reset Procedure:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Chevy Trax, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2013, 2014, 2015 2016 2017 Chevy Trax you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again to confirm.
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on latest generation of Chevy Trax (2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017) model years. Hopefully the article of 2013-2016 Chevy Trax Tire Pressure TPMS Reset Procedure usefull for you. Good Luck!