2008-2016 Chevy Silverado TPMS Tire Pressure System Reset – Chevrolet has updated line of Heavy Duty (HD) 2016 trucks with the latest technology. The biggest change is in addition Chevy system calls Digital Steering Assist. This system is claimed to improve the holding and the stability of the truck when driving on the highway, but unfortunately this feature is not yet available on Work Truck models and regular cab models.
In addition Chevrolet system provides a new 7-inch touch screen, which is connected with Auto Android, and Apple CarPlay. But in the meantime, for the selection of an 8-inch touch screen system can only be connected to CarPlay, and on Android Auto will be added using a larger screen size. Wireless battery charging feature will also complement the 2016 Heavy Duty trucks, along with three new exterior colors, namely Siren Red tintcoat, Red Hot and Butte Red Metallic.
2008-2016 Chevrolet Silverado TPMS Tire Pressure System Reset:
To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2008 2009 2010 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016 Chevy Silverado you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu” by use the thumbwheel
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on all generation of Chevy Silverado (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) models. Hopefully the article of 2008-2016 Chevy Silverado TPMS Tire Pressure System Reset usefull for you. Good Luck!