Resetting Tire Pressure (TPMS) on Chevy Corvette (C5) – The fifth-generation Corvette was launched in 1996. From the exterior two-door car looks similar to the previous generation. But Chevy designers give a rounded design touches that make this sports car look more aggressive and aerodynamic. While this is a sports car, but the Corvette was able to demonstrate the fuel consumption figures are quite economical.
Of course this makes Corvette owners do not need to pay taxes are expensive due to wasteful fuel consumption. This is thanks to the light weight of the car, the absence of spare tires because it uses anti-flat tires, and a low rate of wind resistance. Along with the rapid advancement of technology, it is also the fifth-generation Corvette was offered with several advanced features, such as the Head-Up Display (HUD), Active Handling System, a drive-by-wire, and Variable-Effort Steering.
How to Reset Tire Pressure (TPMS) on Chevrolet Corvette (C5):
To reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 1996-2004 Chevy Corvette (C5) you must have a Magnet and follow these steps:
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press the DIC RESET button to clear any warning messages, if they’re present.
- Press the OPTIONS button and cycle through the menu until the display goes blank.
- Press and hold the RESET button until “FOB TRAINING” appears on the display.
- Press the OPTIONS button once. A “TIRE TRAINING” message is displayed.
- Press the RESET button once. A “LEARN LEFT FRONT TIRE” message is displayed.
- Hold a magnet over the Valve Stem on left front wheel. You may have to move it around the valve stem to hit the right spot.
- When the horn beeps (about 7 seconds later), programming is complete for THAT wheel.
- Program the other 3 wheel sensors as directed by the DIC message display. The sequence is as follows: Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on fifth generation of Chevrolet Camaro (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) models. Hopefully the article of Resetting Tire Pressure (TPMS) on Chevy Corvette (C5) usefull for you. Good Luck!