Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS on Saab 9-7X – The Saab 9-7X is a sports utility vehicle produced by the large Swedish automaker Saab in 2005 at the General Motors plant in Ohio, United States. Much of the production is over in the US market, the construction was stopped in 2009, without a direct heir but only with the anticipation of a future Saab 9-4X.
The 9-7X was the first SUV produced by the Swedish company is exploiting the mechanics of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer-based on the GMT360 platform built by General Motors. Because this platform is produced in the United States, the 9-7X is Saab was also the first car to be assembled outside Sweden. It has been produced only with integral traction with self-locking rear differential, the chassis uses independent front suspension wheels with high quadrilateral chart and stabilizer bar, while the rear-wheel drive has the five-arm, multi-link, self-locking, multi-link, stabilizing bar pattern.
Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS on Saab 9-7X:
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor needs to be reset. To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your Saab 9-7X, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the ignition switch to RUN with the engine off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn headlight switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within three seconds. A double horn chirp will sound and the SERVICE TIRE MONITOR message will be displayed on the Driver Information Center (DIC) to indicate the learn mode is enabled.
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
- Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
The procedure above can be applied to the last generations of Saab 9-7X (2007 2008 2009) model years, which is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Hopefully, the article of Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS on Saab 9-7X useful for you.