Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS on Saturn Vue – The Saturn Vue is an SUV-type vehicle sold in the Saturn range, the smallest American brand owned by giant General Motors. Marketed since late 2001 only in North America, the first Saturn model in the category of trucks, ie, minivans, vans, SUVs and other 4×4. It will disappear in late 2010 with the Saturn brand. Launched in December 2001, the first SUV Saturn sports a more personal style than its close cousins. It has a sporty version but also a hybrid version.
The second generation of Vue comes directly from Europe. Indeed, the new Vue is actually badged Opel Antara Saturn for the North American market. As with the previous version, it comes in a sporty Red Line and Green Line hybrid. The Saturn Vue is also available in version of Chevrolet as the Chevrolet Captiva but is only produced for Europe. The engine is modified but retains the same body. The new Red Line has a 3.6 L V6 developing 257 hp. But unlike the previous model, it does not have its own motor. The hybrid version has a four-cylinder gasoline engine 2.4 L 172 hp, coupled to an electric assist. In 2009, the Vue will have a second hybrid version, this time based on the V6 3.6 L, which has two electric motors integrated in the gearbox.
Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS on 2007-2010 Saturn Vue:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2007 2008 2009 2010 Saturn Vue, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2008, 2009, 2010 Saturn Vue, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
- Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on Saturn Vue (2007 2008 2009 2010) models. Hopefully the article of Resetting Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS on Saturn Vue usefull for you. Good Luck!