How to Reset TPMS Warning Light on 2008-2011 Buick Lucerne – The Buick Lucerne is a front wheel drive car sold under the brand Buick division of General Motors (GM). Built on the platform “Zeta” GM in Hamtramck, Michigan, the Lucerne replaces the Buick Park Avenue and LeSabre. Presented at the Chicago Auto Show on February 9, 2005 and marketed in 2006, Buick Lucerne was well received by the market with sales representing 24% of total full-size who came to the United States.
The engines are fitted in Lucerne 3800 Series III V6 and the Northstar V8. The latter represents the first V8 team from Buick Roadmaster 1996. The gearbox is automatic 4-speed and active suspension (Magnetic Ride Control, used in the Corvette). Its price is less than the LeSabre and the price of the V8 resembled the price had Park Avenue, so the first is considered the replacement for the LeSabre and the second option as the replacement of Park Avenue.
How to Reset TPMS Warning Light on 2008-2011 Buick Lucerne:
To relearn or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor on your 2008 2009 2010 2011 Buick Lucerne you must have a TPMS relearn tool and follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- If your vehicle does not have Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter
- Press the DIC MENU button
- Scroll up and select “Tire Pressure Menu”
- Press the SET/CLR button
- When a message requesting acceptance of the process appear, press the SET/CLR button again
- The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode
- Starting from the driver’s side front tire, place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor.
- Repeat the procedure on the right-front tire, the right rear tire, and the last one left rear tire.
- A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on latest generation of Buick Lucerne (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) models. Hopefully the article of How to Reset TPMS Warning Light on 2008-2011 Buick Lucerne usefull for you. Good Luck!