How to Reset Tire Pressure Light on 2008-2010 Saturn Astra – The Opel Astra / Saturn Astra is a car of the C segment produced in the most serious since 1991 by German automaker Opel, the main European subsidiary of General Motors. The name Astra is universally associated with the model which in 1991 replaced the Kadett E. In reality, though, there’s a reason why the German manufacturer, and more generally the General Motors group decided, after five generations of Kadett, moving on to the Astra name.
The reason for this is the desire to standardize globally the names of the models produced by Opel. It should be remembered that until the early nineties Opel were produced with other brands and especially with other denominations. In the specific case of the Kadett E, this was produced in Britain under the name Vauxhall Astra, a name which was adopted in 1979 with the launch of the Kadett D, and in the lists was to replace the Vauxhall Viva model, itself a reinterpretation previous Kadett.
Resetting Tire Pressure TPMS Light on 2008-2010 Saturn Astra:
If you receive a low-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your 2008 2009 2010 Saturn Astra, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
- Turn the engine switch off
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the door panel.
- Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 2 minutes of cumulative driving at 20 mph (32 km/h).
If you replaced a wheel, tire, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light on your car, then the sensor need to be reset. To relearn turning off or reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) light on your 2008, 2009, 2010 Saturn Astra, follow these steps:
- Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off and engage the parking brake.
- Turn the ignition to position On without starting the engine.
- Press and hold unlock and lock buttons on the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter until horn sounds
- Increase/ decrease tire pressure for 10 seconds, starting from the driver’s side front tire (LF) until horn sounds.
- After horn sounds, proceed to the right (passenger’s side) front tire, and repeat the procedure in step 3.
- Next, proceed as in step 3 for the right (passenger’s side) rear tire and then left (driver’s side) rear tire.
- After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the left rear tire, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should be work on Saturn Astra (2008 2009 2010) models. Hopefully the article of How to Reset Tire Pressure Light on 2008-2010 Saturn Astra usefull for you. Good Luck!