How to Reset SRS Airbag Light on Honda CRV – The Honda CR-V is a compact crossover SUV segment D produced by the Japanese automaker Honda since 1996 in four different series. The first series of the CR-V was produced from 1996 to 2002 and over the years has undergone some upgrades (1999) which increased the power from the original 128 hp to 147 hp achieved by the compact 2-liter gasoline engine, very reliable engine . It is considered one of the first examples of the SUV. In 2002 he was subjected to crash test of EuroNCAP, obtaining the 4-star result.
The second series of the CR-V, marketed from 2002 to 2007, with a more squared-off and an even more spacious boot. It loses opening tailgate in two parts, but keeps the rear window opening separately. The net difference in the finish from the previous though still on a spartan level than the German competition. At first only available with i-VTEC engine of 2 liters, at the end of 2004 restyling gets the 2.2 i-CTDi 140 hp that debuted earlier on Accord, along with a review of the Dual Pump 4WD system. The second series has, however, met with less success of the first.
How to Reset SRS Airbag Light on Honda CRV:
If you receive a SRS warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your Honda CRV, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.
- Remove panels under steering wheel to access interior fuse box
- Locate and unplugged the SRS interface plug. This is a yellow female plug that is attached to the wire loom under the dash.
- Insert a paper clip or wire to the plug interface.
- Turn the ignition ON (do not start the engine)
- When SRS Light turn off, Quickly disconnect the paper clip or wire
- When SRS Airbag Light comes back on, quickly reconnect the paper clip or wire
- SRS Light should turn off, and Quickly disconnect the paper clip or wire again
- When reset is complete, it will flash twice
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset
For more details, please watch the following video:
This procedure should applies to the all models of Honda CRV (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011). Hopefully the article of How to Reset SRS Airbag Light on Honda CRV usefull for you. Good Luck!